Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Measure of Mercy

I recently finished this book, A Measure of Mercy by Lauraine Snelling. It is the first book in the "Home to Blessing" series, which, if any of you read the Red River of the North series, is the second series to follow that. It picks up with Astrid Bjorklund as an 18 yr. old medical student.

Unfortunately, I can't say that I really recommend the book. It's typical-for-this-genre light reading, but I felt like the story dragged along, and by the end of the book, very little had actually happened plot-wise. It is the first in a series, though, which might explain why it read more like the first few chapters of a similar book might.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I agree with Kak--great idea! Did you see that Francine Rivers has a new book out, and the new book from the Liz Curtis Higgs series is out as well? Has anyone read either? I'm on the waiting list at the library for both.