Monday, March 29, 2010

This is a great idea, I often read books based upon what you all recommend! I have been reading a lot lately, and have read some really great books. I've read:
The Boy Who Was Raised As A Dog: and other stories from a child psychologist's notebook--this was excellent. It really explained the effects of childhood trauma on the brain and how therapists can help to unravel that for them to heal and redevelop the damaged areas. I highly recommend it.

In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms by Dr. Laura Schlessinger--this was decent, a lot of good points, but mostly stuff we already know, and very poorly written. It was hard for me to follow. It sounded like she just wrote down whatever came to her mind.

Miserly Moms--this is the book that mom gave us. It had some great ideas for saving money, a lot of stuff we already do, but interesting.

Strong Fathers Strong Daughters by Dr. Meg Meeker--this is a great book, intended for fathers (duh) but a fascinating read for moms too! I highly recommend it!

Behind the Burqua--very fascinating! I want to read more books about Afghanistan. This gives you a glimpse of what life was/is like in Afghanistan and it also addresses domestic abuse, enough to make you pull your hair out! Great book!

Let me know what you guys think of thesse books, if you get to read them! I'd like to read the new Francine Rivers book, as well as the book that Kak recommended. Love you all.

No comments: