Saturday, March 27, 2010

Great idea, Sarah!!

Ok, so for some reason, I went to Amazon.com to find my book title, but I can't get the book image to copy here. Oh well.

Anyway, I read "Finding Nouf" by Zoe Ferraris last month. It was completely out of my league--something I would typically walk by in a bookstore. A friend had sent it to me with high recommendations--and I honestly could NOT put it down. I read it in one night.

Although it's a murder mystery, this book is very well written. It's set in a wealthy arab oil city, complete with muslim traditions, laws, and burkhas. One can almost hear the 5-time-a-day call to prayer over the loudspeaker. "Finding Nouf" is fast paced, and kept me enthralled for 6 hours. I highly recommend it. I'll be bringing it to Sanibel with me if anyone would like to read it.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Thanks for posting this book title, Kak!